Thursday, July 22, 2010

There are no guilty pleasures...

... but there are things to be guilty over, especially once the pleasure is gone.

So I'm going through my CD collection, weeding out stuff I don't listen to any more or that I have a digital copy of already. And yikes, I forgot how many bad or embarassing CDs I own. And yes, I say this despite the fact I now admit to liking Grand Funk Railroad.

For example, I own/owned:

  • a CD by Powerman 5000
  • both Iggy Pop & Henry Rollins' attempts to jump on the funk-metal bandwagon
  • two Everclear CD (!). They didn't even have two different songs!
  • Matchbox 20's Yourself or Someone Like You (this was one of my first pop albums)
  • that Papa Roach CD that had that song about suicide on it

Most of these purchases I can blame on growing up in the '90s, but still... blech. I'm pretty sure there's even a Korn CD somewhere in there. It might be the one that Todd McFarlane did a music video for. Even more reason to be ashamed.

So, what's the most embarassing album/CD you have trouble admitting you owned?

1 comment:

Eve said...

The answer is always the DAREDEVIL soundtrack. And I like it!